About IQAC: As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution’s system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
1. To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
1. To coordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
2. To coordinate the documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
3. To coordinate the quality-related activities of the institution.
4. To coordinate in preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
5. To coordinate the timely and efficient execution of the decisions of IQAC committee.
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
2. Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
3. Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
4. Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
5. Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
6. Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
7. Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
8. Development and maintenance of institutional database for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
9. Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
10. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
1. To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
2. To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
3. To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
4. To act as a change agent in the institution.
5. To better internal communication.
In Feb. 2004 Govt. Degree Collage , Tral approached the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) an Autonomous Institution of the University Grants Commission, Bangalore for accreditation.